• This section covers service of the cylinder head, valves and camshaft.
• The camshaft service can be dnne with the engine installed in the frame. The cylinder head service requires engine removal.
• When disassembling, mark and store the disassembled parts to ensure that they are reinstalled in their original locations.
• Clean all disassembled parts with cleaning solvent and dry them by blowing them off with compressed air before inspec tiori.
• Camshaft lubricating oil is fed through oil passages in the cylinder head. Clean the oil passages before assembling the cylinder head.
• Be careful riot to damage the mating surfaces when removing the cylinder head cover and cylinder head.
8-1 VALVE GUIDE REPLACEMENT 8-16
8 3 VALVE SEAT INSPECTION/
CYLINDER HEAD ASSEMBLY 8-19
CYLINDER HEAD INSTALLATION 8-21
8-5 CAMSHAFT INSTALLATION 8-23
8-6 CYLINDER HEAD COVER ASSEMBLY 8-27
8-11 CYLINDER HEAD COVER
CAM CHAIN TENSIONER LIFTER 8-29
Was this article helpful?