Using coolant with silicate inhibitors may cause premature wear of water pump seals or blockage of radiator passages. Using tap water may cause engine damage.
• Add coolant at the reserve tank. Do not remove the radiator cap except to refill or drain the system.
• All cooling system services can he done with the engine in the frame.
• Avoid spilling coolant on painted surfaces.
• After servicing the system, check for leaks with a cooling system tester.
• Refer to section 19 for fan motor switch and coolant temperature sensor inspection.
Was this article helpful?