Gasoline is extremely flammable and can be explosive under certain conditions. Turn the ignition switch OFF. Do not smoke. Make sure the area is well-ventilated and free from any source of flame or sparks; this includes any appliance with a pilot light.
• Connect the hoses to the separator, and install the separator on the motorcycle.
• Disconnect the breather hose from the separator, and inject about 20 mL of gasoline [A] into the separator [B]
through the hose fitting.
• Disconnect the evaporative fuel return hose [C] from the fuel tank [D].
• Run the open end of the return hose into the container and hold it level with the tank top [E].
• If the gasoline in the separator comes out of the hose, the separator works well. If it does not, replace the separator with a new one.
Was this article helpful?