OApply brake fluid to the fluid seals, and install them into the cylinders by hand.
• Replace the dust seals [B] with new ones if they are damaged.
OApply brake fluid to the dust seals, and install them into the cylinders by hand.
• Apply brake fluid to the outside of the pistons, and push them into each cylinder by hand.
• Apply a non-permanent locking agent the caliper assembly bolts and torque them.
Torque - Front Caliper Assembly Bolts: 22 N-m (2.2 kgf-m, 16 ft lb)
• Install the pads (see Front Brake Pad Installation).
• Wipe up any spilled brake fluid on the caliper with wet cloth.
Rear Caliper Disassembly
• Remove the rear caliper.
• Remove the pads and anti-rattle spring (see Rear Brake Pad Removal).
• Using compressed air, remove the piston.
OCover the caliper opening with a clean, heavy cloth [B]. ORemove the piston by lightly applying compressed air [A] to where the brake line fits into the caliper.
Was this article helpful?