Drive Chain Slack Inspection
• Refer to the Drive Chain Slack Inspection in the Periodic Maintenance chapter.
Drive Chain Slack Adjustment
• Refer to the Drive Chain Slack Adjustment in the Periodic Maintenance chapter.
Wheel Alignment Inspection/Adjustment
• Refer to the Wheel Alignment Inspection/Adjustment in the Periodic Maintenance chapter.
Drive Chain Wear Inspection
• Refer to the Drive Chain Wear Inspection in the Periodic Maintenance chapter.
Drive Chain Lubrication
• Refer to the Drive Chain Lubrication in the Periodic Maintenance chapter.
Drive Chain Removal
Rear Wheel (see Wheels/Tires chapter.)
Right Side Muffler Body (see Engine Top End chapter.)
Chain Cover Screws [A]
Chain Cover [B]
Mud Guard [C] (see Frame chapter.)
Swingarm (see Suspension chapter.)
Engine Sprocket Cover (see this chapter.)
• Disengage the drive chain [A] from the engine sprocket [B], and take it off the chassis.
Drive Chain Installation
• Engage the drive chain to the engine sprocket.
Swingarm (see Suspension chapter)
Rear Wheel (see Wheels/Tires chapter)
Engine Sprocket Cover
Right Side Muffler Body
• Adjust the chain slack after installing the chain (see Slack Adjustment).
Drive Chain Replacement
Chain Cover (see Drive Chain Removal)
Engine Sprocket Cover (see Engine Sprocket Removal)
EK JOINT TOOL #50 Body [A] Handlebar [B]
Cutting and Riveting Pin [C] For Cutting [D] For Riveting [E] Plate Holder (A) [F] Plate Holder (B) [G] Gauge [H]
• Screw pin holder until it touches chain pin.
• Be sure that cutting pin hits center of chain pin.
• Turn pin holder with wrench [B] clockwise to extract chain pin.
• Replace the link pin, link plate and grease seals.
• Apply grease to the link pins [A] and grease seals [B] [C].
• Engage the drive chain on the engine and rear sprockets.
• Insert the link pins in the drive chain ends.
• Install the link plate so that the mark [D] faces out.
• Push link plate by hand or plier to fix it.
• In case of grease seal chain, be sure to set grease seals correctly.
Was this article helpful?