Engine Oil Change
• Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
• Remove the engine drain plug [A] to drain the oil. OThe oil in the oil filter can be drained by removing the filter
(see Oil Filter Change).
• Replace the drain plug gasket [B] with a new one if it is damaged.
• Tighten the drain plug.
Torque - Engine Drain Plug: 20 Nm (2.0 kgfm, 14.5 ftlb)
• Pour in the specified type and amount of oil.
Engine Oil Grade: API SE, SF or SG
API SH or SJ with JASO MA Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
Amount: 3.1 L (3.3 US qt) (when filter is not removed) 3.3 L (3.5 US qt) (when filter is removed) 3.8 L (4.0 US qt) (when engine is completely dry)
ODepending on the atmospheric temperature of your riding area, the engine oil viscosity should be changed according to the chart.
Oil Filter Change
• Drain the engine oil (see Engine Oil Change).
Lower Fairing (see Frame chapter)
• Remove the oil filter [A] with the oil filter wrench [B]. Special Tool - Oil Filter Wrench: 57001-1249
• Replace the filter with a new one.
• Apply engine oil to the gasket [A] before installation.
• Tighten the filter with the oil filter wrench.
Torque-Oil Filter (P/No. 16097-1070): 27 N m (2.8 kgf m, 20 ft lb)
Oil Filter (P/No. 16097-0002): 31 N m (3.2 kgf m, 23 ft lb)
OHand tightening of the oil filter can not be allowed since it does not reach to this tightening torque.
• Pour in the specified type and amount of oil (see Engine Oil Change).
Was this article helpful?