OIt is not necessary to remove the coupling bearing for inspection. If the bearing is removed, it will need to be replaced with a new one.
• Turn the bearing in the coupling back and forth [A] while checking for plays, roughness, or binding.
*If bearing play, roughness or binding is found, replace the bearing.
• Examine the bearing seal [B] for tears or leakage.
*If the seal is torn or is leaking, replace the bearing.
• Pack the bearing with good quality bearing grease. Turn the bearing around by hand a few times to make sure the grease is distributed uniformly inside the bearing.
Coupling Damper Inspection
• Remove the rear wheel coupling, and inspect the rubber dampers [A].
• Replace the damper if it appears damaged or deteriorated.
Was this article helpful?