Stick Coil #1: Ignition Coil (Service Code 51) Stick Coil #2: Ignition Coil (Service Code 52) Stick Coil #3: Ignition Coil (Service Code 53) Stick Coil #4: Ignition Coil (Service Code 54)
Never drop the stick coils, especially on a hard surface. Such a shock to the stick coil can damage it.
• See Ignition System section in the Electrical System chapter.
Input Voltage Inspection
OBe sure the battery is fully charged.
• Turn the ignition switch OFF.
• Remove the ECU (see this chapter). Do not disconnect the ECU connector.
• Connect a digital voltmeter [A] as shown, with the needle adapter set [B].
OMeasure the input voltage to each primary winding of the stick coils with the engine stopped, and with the connectors joined.
• Turn the ignition switch ON.
Stick Coil Input Voltage at ECU Connections for Stick Coil #1
Connections for Stick Coil #2
Connections for Stick Coil #3
Connections for Stick Coil #4
Input Voltage at ECU Standard: Battery Voltage (12.6 V or more)
• If the reading is out of the standard, check the wiring (see next wiring diagram).
• If the reading is good, the input voltage is normal. Crank the engine, and check the peak voltage of the stick coils (see Electrical System chapter) in order to check the primary coils.
Was this article helpful?