Output Voltage Inspection
• Remove the throttle body assy (see Throttle Body Assy Removal).
• Measure the output voltage at the subthrottle sensor in the same way as input voltage inspection. Note the following.
• Disconnect the subthrottle sensor (black) [A] and (black) connect the harness adapter [B] between these connectors.
Special Tool - Throttle Sensor Harness Adapter : 57001-1538
• Measure the output voltage of the sensor with the engine stopped, and with the connector joined.
• Turn the ignition switch ON.
• Measure the output voltage when the subthrottle valve is fully opened or completely closed by hand.
Main Throttle Sensor Output Voltage Connections to Adapter
Meter (+) ^ W (sensor BR) lead Meter (-) ^ BK (sensor BR/BK) lead Standard :
0.48 ~ 0.52 V DC (at idle throttle opening) 3.6 ~ 3.8 V DC (at full throttle opening)
• If the output voltage is out of the standard, inspect the subthrottle sensor resistance.
• If the output voltage is normal, check the wiring for continuity.
ECU Connector [A] <—> Subthrottle Sensor Connector [B] BR lead (ECU terminal 3) BR/BK lead (ECU terminal 14)
• If the wiring is good, check the ECU for its ground and power supply (see ECU section).
Was this article helpful?