Gear Positioning Lever Bolt [A]
Gear Positioning Lever [B], Collar and spring
External Shift Mechanism Installation
• Install the gear positioning lever [A] as shown.
Torque-Gear Positioning Lever Bolt: 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 104 inlb)
• Apply grease to the O-ring on the oil pipe ends.
• Apply a non-permanent locking agent to the oil pipe holder bolts and tighten them.
Torque - Oil Pipe Holder Bolts: 13 N-m (1.3 kgf-m, 113 in lb)
External Shift Mechanism Inspection
• Examine the shift shaft [A] for any damage. *If the shaft is bent, straighten or replace it.
• If the serration [B] are damaged, replace the shaft.
*If the springs [C] are damaged in any way, replace them. *If the shift mechanism arm [D] is damaged in any way, replace the arm.
*If it is loose, unscrew it, apply a non-permanent locking agent to the threads, and tighten it. Torque - Shift Shaft Return Spring Pin: 29 N-m (3.0 kgf-m, 22 ft lb)
• Check the gear positioning lever [B] and its spring for breaks or distortion.
• If the lever or spring are damaged in any way, replace them.
• Visually inspect the shift drum cam [C].
• If they are badly worn or if they show any damage, replace it.
Was this article helpful?