Water Pump Removal
• Refer to Oil Pump Removal in the Engine Lubrication System chapter. Water Pump [A] Front [B]
Mechanical Seal Replacement
• Remove the water pump body [A] (see Oil Pump Removal in the Engine Lubrication System chapter).
• Insert a metal rod [B] into the water pump body and tap evenly around the mechanical seal [C] until the seal comes off.
• Replace the mechanical seal with a new one.
• Using a thin-bladed screwdriver, pry out the oil seal [D].
Water Pump Installation
• Refer to Oil Pump Installation in the Engine Lubrication System chapter.
Water Pump Inspection
• Check the drainage outlet passage [A] at the bottom of the water pump body for coolant leaks.
• If the mechanical seal is damaged, the coolant leaks through the seal and drains through the passage. Replace the mechanical seal in the water pump body (see this section).
• Visually inspect the water pump impeller [A].
★ If the surface is corroded or if the blades are damaged, replace the impeller.
Water Pump Body [B]
Was this article helpful?