• Raise the front/rear wheel off the ground. Special Tool - Jack: 57001-1238
• Spin the wheel lightly, and check for roughness or binding.
• If roughness or binding is found, replace the hub bearings.
• Inspect the wheel for small cracks, dents, bending, or warp.
• If there is any damage to the wheel, replace the wheel.
• Remove the wheel, and support it without the tire by the axle.
• Measure the rim runout, radial [A] and axial [B], with a dial gauge.
• If rim runout exceeds the service limit, check the hub bearings.
• If the problem is not due to the bearings, replace the wheel.
Never attempt to repair a damaged wheel. If there is any damage besides wheel bearings, the wheel must be replaced to insure safe operational condition.
Was this article helpful?