• Start the engine and let it run at 1 750 r/min. Adjust the engine speed by turning the throttle stop screw.
• Turn the air screw © of the carburetor balancer so that the vacuum pressure causes the steel ball (2) to rise to the center line (D of the tube.
• After making sure that the steel ball remains at the center line, disconnect the hose from the vacuum inlet and connect the next hose to the vacuum inlet.
• Turn the air screw for this tube until the steel ball @ is at the center line of its respective tube.
• Repeat the above procedure on the third and fourth hoses.
The carburetor balancer is now ready to be used to synchronize the carburetors.
Remove all of the vacuum inlet caps, before synchronizing the carburetors. Connect the carburetor balancer hoses to these vacuum inlets and then adjust the carburetors as follows. • Start the engine and keep it running at 1 750 r/min. Observe the tachometer reading.
• When the steel balls in tubes #1, #2, #3 and #4 are at the same level, the carburetor is correctly adjusted.
• If the steel balls are not at the same level, adjust the throttle valve synchronizing screws ©, (2) and (D. Adjusting order is as follows.
• After balancing the carburetor, set the engine speed by turning the throttle stop screw. Observe the tachometer reading.
EffiJI Engine speed: 1 200 ± 100 r/min
EXTERIOR PARTS 5- 2
CONSTRUCTION 5- 2
REMOUNTING 5- 6
FRONT WHEEL 5- 7
CONSTRUCTION 5- 7
INSPECTION AND DISASSEMBLY 5- 9
FRONT FORK 5-12
REMOVAL AND DISASSEMBLY 5-13
REASSEMBLY AND REMOUNTING 5-16
REMOVAL AND DISASSEMBLY 5-20
INSPECTION AND DISASSEMBLY 5-22
REASSEMBLY AND REMOUNTING 5-22
STEERING TENSION ADJUSTMENT 5-25
REAR WHEEL 5-26
INSPECTION AND DISASSEMBLY 5-29
REAR SUSPENSION 5-32
INSPECTION AND DISASSEMBLY 5-35
REAR SHOCK ABSORBER DISPOSAL 5-38
FINAL INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT 5-40
SUSPENSION SETTING 5-40
FRONT BRAKE 5-41
BRAKE PAD REPLACEMENT 5-42
BRAKE FLUID REPLACEMENT 5-42
BRAKE CALIPER REMOVAL AND DISASSEMBLY 5-43
BRAKE CALIPER INSPECTION 5-44
BRAKE CALIPER REASSEMBLY AND REMOUNTING 5-45
BRAKE DISC INSPECTION 5-46
BRAKE DISC REMOVAL AND REMOUNTING 5-46
MASTER CYLINDER REMOVAL AND DISASSEMBLY 5-47
MASTER CYLINDER INSPECTION 5-48
MASTER CYLINDER REASSEMBLY AND REMOUNTING 5-49
REAR BRAKE 5-51
BRAKE PAD REPLACEMENT 5-52
BRAKE FLUID REPLACEMENT 5-52
BRAKE CALIPER REMOVAL AND DISASSEMBLY 5-53
BRAKE CALIPER INSPECTION 5-54
BRAKE CALIPER REASSEMBLY AND REMOUNTING 5-54
MASTER CYLINDER REMOVAL AND DISASSEMBLY 5-55
MASTER CYLINDER INSPECTION 5-56
MASTER CYLINDER REASSEMBLY AND REMOUNTING 5-57
TIRES AND WHEELS 5-58
TIRE REMOVAL 5-58
TIRE INSTALLATION 5-59
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.