* Make sure that the mating surfaces are free from moisture, oil, dust and other foreign materials.
* Apply the bond thinly and evenly and assemble the crank-cases within a few minutes of application.
* Take extreme care not to apply any bond to the bearing surfaces.
BOND "1207B" should be applied to the following locations.
• Install the right oil pipe ® with the bolt
• Install the copper washers onto bolts (D and
• Install the two alien bolts at position ®.
• Tighten the crankcase bolts (crankshaft tightening bolts) in ascending order. Tighten each bolt a little at a time to equalize the pressure.
[5 Crankcase bolt (M8)
(Initial): 13 N-m (1.3 kgf-m, 9.5 Ib-ft) (Final): 23 N-m (2.3 kgf-m, 16.5 Ib-ft)
* Tighten the main oil gallery plug © to the specified torque. A CAUTION I
Replace the O-ring with a new one.
ItoSlI 09900-00410: Hexagon wrench set
[*] Main oil gallery plug: 40 N-m (4.0 kgf-m, 29.0 Ib-ft)
* Tighten the lower and upper crankcase bolts (6 mm) and nuts to the specified torque.
[*] Crankcase bolt and nut (M6) (Initial): 6 N-m (0.6 kgf-m, 4.5 Ib-ft) (Final): 11 N-m (1.1 kgf-m, 8.0 Ib-ft)
* Install a new gasket washer at position (2).
* After tightening the upper crankcase bolt ©, install the plug ©.
* Install the engine ground wire ® into the correct position as shown.
Use a new gasket washer to prevent oil leakage.
• Install a new gasket and the oil sump filter
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.