• This manual should be considered a permanent part of this motorcycle and should remain with it even if the motorcycle is subsequently sold.
• Yamaha continually seeks advancements in product design and quality. Therefore, while this manual contains the most current product information available at the time of printing, there may be minor discrepancies between your motorcycle and this manual. If you have any questions concerning this manual, please consult your Yamaha dealer.
PLEASE READ THIS MANUAL AND THE "YOU AND YOUR MOTORCYCLE: RIDING TIPS" BOOKLET CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY BEFORE OPERATING THIS MOTORCYCLE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPERATE THIS MOTORCYCLE UNTIL YOU HAVE ATTAINED ADEQUATE KNOWLEDGE OF ITS CONTROLS AND OPERATING FEATURES AND UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN TRAINED IN SAFE AND PROPER RIDING TECHNIQUES. REGULAR INSPECTIONS AND CAREFUL MAINTENANCE, ALONG WITH GOOD RIDING SKILLS, WILL ENSURE THAT YOU SAFELY ENJOY THE CAPABILITIES AND THE RELIABILITY OF THIS MOTORCYCLE.
XVS1100P(C)/XVS1100AP(C) OWNER'S MANUAL © 2001 by Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. 1st edition, April 2001 All rights reserved. Any reprinting or unauthorized use without the written permission of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is expressly prohibited. Printed in Japan. P/N LIT-11626-15-16
1 SAFETY INFORMATION
3 INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS
4 PRE-OPERATION CHECKS
5 OPERATION AND IMPORTANT RIDING POINTS
6 PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR
7 MOTORCYCLE CARE AND STORAGE
9 CONSUMER INFORMATION INDEX
Safe riding 1-1
Protective apparel 1-3
Loading and accessories 1-3
Gasoline and exhaust gas 1 -5
Location of important labels 1-7
MOTORCYCLES ARE SINGLE TRACK VEHICLES. THEIR SAFE USE AND OPERATION ARE DEPENDENT UPON THE USE OF PROPER RIDING TECHNIQUES AS WELL AS THE EXPERTISE OF THE OPERATOR. EVERY OPERATOR SHOULD KNOW THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS BEFORE RIDING THIS MOTORCYCLE. HE OR SHE SHOULD:
1. OBTAIN THOROUGH INSTRUCTIONS FROM A COMPETENT SOURCE ON ALL ASPECTS OF MOTORCYCLE OPERATION.
2. OBSERVE THE WARNINGS AND MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS IN THE OWNER'S MANUAL.
3. OBTAIN QUALIFIED TRAINING IN SAFE AND PROPER RIDING TECHNIQUES.
4. OBTAIN PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL SERVICE AS INDICATED BY THE OWNER'S MANUAL AND/OR WHEN MADE NECESSARY BY MECHANICAL CONDITIONS.
Was this article helpful?