• Handle the intake air temperature sensor with special care.
• Never subject the intake air temperature sensor to strong shocks. If the intake air temperature sensor is dropped, replace it.
4. Is the intake air temperature sensor OK?
Fault code No.
Symptom The motorcycle has overturned.
Used diagnostic code No. 08 (lean angle cut-off switch)
Inspection operation item and probable cause
Operation item and countermeasure
The motorcycle has overturned.
Raise the motorcycle upright.
Installed condition of the lean angle cutoff switch
Check the installed area for looseness or pinching.
Connected condition of connector Inspect the coupler for any pins that may have pulled out. Check the locking condition of the coupler.
If there is a malfunction, repair it and connect it securely.
Lean angle cut-off switch coupler Main wiring harness ECU coupler
Defective lean angle cut-off switch
Execute the diagnostic mode (code No. 08)
Replace if defective.
1. Remove the lean angle cut-off switch from the motorcycle.
2. Connect the lean angle cut-off switch coupler to the wireharness.
3. Connect the pocket tester (DC 20 V) to the lean angle cut-off switch coupler as shown.
Reinstated by turning the main switch ON (however, the engine cannot be restarted unless the main switch is first turned OFF).
Was this article helpful?