1. Before removal and disassembly, eliminate all dirt, mud, dust and foreign material.
2. Use only the proper tools and cleaning equipment.
Refer to the "SPECIAL TOOLS".
3. When disassembling, always keep mated parts together. This includes gears, cylinders, pistons and other parts that have been "mated" through normal wear. Mated parts must always be reused or replaced as an assembly.
4. During disassembly, clean all of the parts and place them in trays in the order of disassembly. This will speed up assembly and allow for the correct installation of all parts.
5. Keep all parts away from any source of fire.
Was this article helpful?