• While measuring the ten-link section, push down on the drive chain to increase its tension.
• Measure the length between drive chain roller ® and © as shown.
• Perform this measurement at two or three different places.
2. Check: • drive chain Stiffness ^ Clean and lubricate or replace.
3. Clean: • drive chain a. Wipe the drive chain with a clean cloth.
b. Put the drive chain in kerosene and remove any remaining dirt.
c. Remove the drive chain from the kerosene and completely dry it.
• drive chain rollers ® Damage/wear ^ Replace the drive chain.
• drive chain side plates (2 Damage/wear ^ Replace the drive chain. Cracks ^ Replace the drive chain and make sure the battery breather hose is properly routed away from the drive chain and below the swingarm.
Was this article helpful?