• Align the projections on the big end bearings with the notches in the connecting rods and connecting rod caps.
• Be sure to reinstall each big end bearing in its original place.
• While compressing the piston rings with one hand, install the connecting rod assembly into the cylinder with the other hand.
• Make sure that the "Y" marks © on the connecting rods face towards the left side of the crankshaft.
• Make sure that the characters © on both the connecting rod and connecting rod cap are aligned.
(with the connecting rod caps)
• connecting rod nuts
a. Replace the connecting rod bolts and nuts with new ones.
Was this article helpful?