Make sure that the brake does not drag after adjusting it.
A soft or spongy feeling in the brake pedal can indicate the presence of air in the brake system. This air must be removed by bleeding the brake system before the motorcycle is operated. Air in the system will cause greatly diminished braking capability and can result in loss of control and an accident. Inspect and bleed the system if necessary.
• Brake light switch Refer to the "BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH ADJUSTMENT" section.
PARKING BRAKE ADJUSTMENT
• Parking brake
Parking brake adjustment steps:
• Apply rear brake pedal 2 or 3 times.
• Loosen the locknut (J) and fully loosen the parking brake cable adjuster © on the left lever holder.
• Loosen the locknut (D and adjusting bolt © on the rear caliper.
• Slowly screw in the adjusting bolt © by tool until it feels tight and screw it out 1/4 turn. Then tighten the locknut © .
Was this article helpful?