Drain the brake fluid. •Bolt (caliper) (2) •Disc cover (inner) •Brake pads •Pad spring
1. Remove: •Dust seal © •Piston seal (2) •Piston (D Use compressed air and proceed carefully.
• Cover piston with rag and use extreme caution when expelling piston from cylinder. •Never attempt to pry out piston.
Caliper piston removal steps:
• Insert the rag into the caliper to lock the piston.
• Blow compressed air into the hose joint opening to force out the piston from the caliper body.
Rust/Wear-» Replace. •Caliper cylinder body Wear/Scratches-» Replace.
1. Assemble: •Brake caliper(s) Reverse disassembly steps.
•All internal parts should be cleaned in new brake fluid only.
Was this article helpful?