ALL REPLACEMENT PARTS
1. We recommend to use Yamaha genuine parts for all replacements. Use oil and/or grease recommended by Yamaha for assembly and adjustment.
GASKETS. OIL SEALS, AND O-RINGS
1. All gaskets, seals and O-rings should be replaced when an engine is overhauled.AII gaskets surfaces, oil seal lips and O-rings must be cleaned.
2. Properly oil all mating parts and bearing during reassembly. Apply grease to the oil seal lips.
LOCK WASHERS/PLATES AND COTTER
1. All lock washers/plates (D and cotter pins must be replaced when they are removed. Lock tab(s) should be bent along the bolt or nut flat(s) after the bolt or nut has been properly tightened.
1. Install the bearing(s) and oil seal(s) with their manufacturer's marks or numbers facing outward.(In other words, the stamped letters must be on the side exposed to view.) When installing oil seal(s), apply a light coating of light-weight lithium base grease to the seal lip(s). Oil the bearings liberally when installing. ® Oil seal
Was this article helpful?