Always charge a new battery before using it to ensure maximum performance.
Battery electrolyte is dangerous; it contains sulfuric acid and therefore is poisonous and highly caustic.
Always follow these preventive measures:
• Avoid bodily contact with electrolyte as it can cause severe burns or permanent eye injury.
• Wear protective eye gear when handling or working near batteries.
• EYES — Flush with water for 15 minutes and get immediate medical attention.
• Drink large quantities of water or milk follow with milk of magnesia, beaten egg, or vegetable oil. Get immediate medical attention.
Batteries also generate explosive hydrogen gas, therefore you should always follow these preventive measures:
• Charge batteries in a well—ventilated area.
• Keep batteries away from fire, sparks, or open flames (e.g., welding equipment, lighted cigarettes, etc.)
• DO NOT SMOKE When charging or handling batteries.
KEEP BATTERIES AND ELECTROLYTE OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.